Dell PowerEdge R740 Server Intel Xeon Silver 4110 16GB RDIMM 300GB HD – 1Yr
General-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration
Maximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With up to three 300W accelerator cards or six 150W cards, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
- Private cloud
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
The R740 is a general-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration. With its versatility, the R740 can help you transform your data center for VDI, artificial intelligence and software-defined storage (SDS).
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.*
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.*
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%.*
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Short Tech Specification
|Dell PowerEdge R740 Server 3.5″ Chassis with up to 8 Hard Drives,Intel Xeon Silver 4110 2.1G, 8C/16T, 9.6GT/s 2UPI, 11M Cache, Turbo, HT (85W) DDR4-2400, 16GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Dual Rank, 300GB 10K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive, 3.5in HYB CARR, PERC H730P RAID Controller, 2Gb NV Cache, Minicard , Single, Hot-plug Power Supply (1+0), 750W , iDRAC9, Express, integrated Dell Remote Access Controller, ReadyRails Sliding Rails Without Cable Management Arm|
Detailed Tech Specification
|Dell PowerEdge R740 Server|
|PowerEdge R740/R740XD Motherboard|
|Intel Xeon Silver 4110 2.1G, 8C/16T, 9.6GT/s 2UPI, 11M Cache, Turbo, HT (85W) DDR4-2400|
|Unique Random Password|
|iDRAC Group Manager, Disabled|
|Chassis with up to 8 x 3.5″ SAS/SATA Hard Drives for 1CPU Configuration|
|PowerEdge 2U Standard Bezel|
|Riser Config 1, 4 x8 slots|
|PowerEdge R740 Shipping EMEA2|
|PowerEdge R740 Shipping Material|
|Dell EMC Luggage Tag|
|No Quick Sync|
|Blank for 1CPU Configuration|
|16GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Dual Rank|
|No Additional Processor|
|300GB 10K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive, 3.5in HYB CARR|
|PERC H730P RAID Controller, 2Gb NV Cache, Minicard|
|4 Standard Fans for R740/740XD|
|Standard 1U Heatsink|
|Single, Hot-plug Power Supply (1+0), 750W|
|C13 to C14, PDU Style, 10 AMP, 6.5 Feet (2m), Power Cord 20 ZR|
|No Trusted Platform Module|
|Broadcom 5720 QP 1Gb Network Daughter Card|
|No Media Required|
|No Operating System|
|No Systems Documentation, No OpenManage DVD Kit|
|No Installation Service Selected (Contact Sales Rep for more details)|
|Not Selected in this Configuration|
|Asset Service – System Shipbox Label (Model, Svc Tag, Order Information, Basic Config Details)|
|Power Saving Dell Active Power Controller|
|ReadyRails Sliding Rails Without Cable Management Arm|
|Enterprise Order – EMEA.|
|1Yr Parts Only Warranty (Emerging Only)|
|1Yr Basic Warranty – Next Business Day (Emerging Only)|