HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25TB MP RW Data Tape – C7976A
HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25TB MP RW Data Tape
HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25TB MP RW Data Tape – C7976A
For HPE StoreEver LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 External Tape Drive – EH970A / E7W39A
HPE StoreEver LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 External Tape Drive
- HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives represent seven-generations of LTO technology capable of storing up to 15 TB per cartridge, with HPE TapeAssure for manageability, hardware data encryption, HPE StoreOpen with LTFS for ease of use at an unprecedented performance. With HPE TapeAssure customers can be confident that their data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media.
HPE LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25TB MP RW Data Cartridge
- Exhaustively tested, HPE LTO Ultrium cartridges meet all your demands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering high storage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backup performance. Covering seven generations of capacity – LTO-1 (200 GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB), LTO-5 (3 TB), LTO-6 (6.25 TB), LTO-7 (15 TB) – and with transfer speeds of up to 2.5 TB/hr for LTO-7, there is a platform for every need and budget.
From LTO-3 onwards, LTO Ultrium WORM cartridges enable the creation of compliant, permanent and tamperproof archives. From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access.
From LTO-5 onwards, LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and sharable media, such as a USB drive.
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
- HPE LTO-7 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 2.5 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 15 TB on a single cartridge, making it the big hitter in large-scale, 24×7, mission-critical IT environments.
- A 64% increase in the number of tracks and a 25% increase in bit density has permitted an increase in capacity from 6.25 TB for LTO-6 to 15 TB to LTO-7: from 2,176 tracks for LTO-6 to 3,584 tracks for 7th generation HPE LTO-7 Ultrium 15 TB cartridges.
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Superior ‘smart grabber’ mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation).
- HPE brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HPE warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
- Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version provides tamperproof, compliant data storage.
- Data encryption for enhanced data security on HP LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6 and LTO-7 Ultrium. Compliance with FIPS 140-2 level 1 security standards.
Value for money
- Standardizing on HPE LTO Ultrium delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media; without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled (both Custom and Non Custom include RFID options from LTO-4 onwards) and non-labeled versions.
- Recording technology
- LTO-6 Ultrium
- 6.25 TB
- Compressed 2.5:1
- Media format
- Media labeling
- Write-on Labels in box
- Quantity per Package
- Read speed, media
- 400 MB/sec
- Archival life
- 30 years
- Product color
- Tape length
- 846 m
- Tape width
- 12.65 mm
- Tape thickness
- 6.4 um
- Base material
- Metal Particle
- Data tracks
- Magnetic coercivity
- 2850 Oe
- Drive compatibility
- Storage Media Compatibility Matrix
- Drive compatibility url
- Operating temperature range
- 50° to 113° F (10° to 45° C)
- Day-to-day storage temperature
- 60° to 90° F (16° to 32° C)
- Long term storage temperature
- 41° to 73° F (5° to 23° C)
- Operating maximum wet bulb temperature
- 79° F (26° C)
- Operating humidity range
- 10 to 80% (Operating)
- Storage humidity
- 20 to 60% (Archival)
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 11.3 x 2.79 x 11.1 cm
- 0.27 kg
- HPE LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB Metal Particle RW Data Cartridge
- What’s in the box
- Contains (1) HPE LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB MP RW Data Cartridge. Write-on label only. No bar code label.